How to test to see if your Wi-fi Password is correct:
1. Go to your phone “Settings":
2. Choose “WiFi”. When you are not connected to the the WiFi, the phone will show your Network carrier data “4G/3G”.
3. Choose the Network you want to connect to.
4. Type in the Network (router) password.
5. Once you type in the password then click “join/ connect ( depending upon your phone type)”.
6. If the Network password is not correct, you will get an error message.
7. Once you type in the correct Network password, the phone will show that you connected with the Network and also a WiFi signal will appear on the left hand corner of your phone.